- This event has passed.
Lyme Disease Awareness 5K Run/Walk
May 14, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
LYME DISEASE AWARENESS 5K
"Fight the Bite"
May 14, 2016 at 9:00am
The Inaugural Lyme Awareness "Fight the Bite" 5K. All ages are welcome! This is a non profit event and ALL proceeds will go the education of Lyme Disease awareness. Awards ceremony immediately following the race, a cash prize given to overall male and female finishers. Online entries are processed immediately. Online registration is thru active.com. A small processing fee which will be added at checkout. Onsite registration, Race bib and shirt pickup will be race morning, 5/14 from 7:30-8:45 am.
RACE INFORMATIONRACE FEES
- $28.00 (plus a small online registration processing fee).
- $34.00 on race day.
- Saturday May 14, 2016 7:30am - 8:45am Ocean City, MD inlet parking lot.
- May 10, 2016 Online registration closes at 12:00 midnight.
- May 10, 2016 All mail in entry forms must be received by this day.
- May 14, 2016 Packet pickup and late registration is 7:30 - 8:45am at OCMD inlet parking lot.
- May 14, 2016 5K race starts at 9:00am.
- 1st place overall, Male and Female 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Age Group Awards for the following age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- This years races will be timed using the IPICO Bib Tag system. There will be an orange rectangular sensor placed on the back of your race bib. Please do not bend or fold your bib and make sure you properly pin your race bib to your shirt front without piercing the sensor. These sensors do not need to be collected, when your race is finished you are free to keep the sensor along with your race bib. Your race bib is unique to you so please do not trade or give your bib to anyone else.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and pets are not allowed on either course during the race(s). Baby joggers are only permitted on the 5K course. These rules are for your safety as well as others on the course with you. Anyone violating these rules will be immediately escorted off the course and out of the race.
- There are no refunds or transfers for this event this year.
- For companies or persons interested in sponsoring this years event please refer to this link: "Fight the Bite" Sponsorship Opportunities
For more information on the Lyme Disease Awareness non profit please email: email@example.com