OCMD Island to Island Half Marathon / 5K 2017
April 29 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
2017 EVENT IS OPEN!!
Please review the following race information.Virtually no changes to the 2017 event, both races will be, 7:00 am with one hour time limit for 5K, and a 3 hour 15 minute time limit fort the half marathon. The new half marathon course change and the new 5K start time will allow the 5K runners time to finish and cheer on the half marathon runners. Race limit set at 4,500 runners, once limit is reached all registration options will close! Walkers are welcome to both races but remember, anyone who cannot cross finish line within the allotted time will not receive an official time and will be on the course at their own risk. OC Tri-Running Sports reserves the right to cancel or postpone event if climate conditions are at extremes. No refund will be given in this case. Any returned checks will be charged a minimum of $20.00. Any confrontation to staff, medical, volunteers, or other such personnel will not be tolerated and may result in legal actions. The course will be well marked, coned and/or barricaded, but you will still be running on public roads so use extreme caution and pay attention to traffic. It is your responsibility to read and understand all event information that will be given to you. Make sure you understand all safety information. Waivers must be signed before participating in this event.
This event is presented by:
Honorable Mention levelTBA
RACE INFORMATIONRace limit is set at 4,500 runners!
RACE FEESHalf Marathon
|EARLY BIRD||MAY 2, 2016 - DEC 31, 2016||$75.00 Military $55.00|
|STANDARD||JAN 1, 2017 - MAR 31, 2017||$85.00 Military $65.00|
|PROCRASTINATOR||APR 1, 2017 - APR 23, 2017||$95.00 Military $75.00|
|EARLY BIRD||MAY 2, 2016 - DEC 31, 2016||$25.00|
|STANDARD||JAN 1, 2017 - MAR 31, 2017||$30.00|
|PROCRASTINATOR||APR 1, 2017 - APR 23, 2017||$40.00|
- Mail in entries will take about two weeks to be processed.
- Online entries are processed immediately.
- Online registration is thru Runsignup, they charge a small processing fee which will be added at checkout.
- Military persons can choose their discounted entry for the half marathon race category. You will have to present your military ID at packet pickup to claim your race packet.
- Register online here:
- If you choose to mail in your registration please print and use the entry form provided by clicking on this link:
- Fill out entry form in its entirety and mail with a check or money order to: OC Tri-Running Sports Inc. P.O. Box 1642 Berlin, MD 21811
- To check on your registration confirmation please use this link:
- In order to be guaranteed a shirt we ask that you register before April 8, 2017. Any registrations taken after this day may not receive a shirt size of choice.
RACE PACKET PICKUPFriday, April 28, 2017 Location: OCEAN CITY INLET PARKING LOT. Pick Up Time: 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET ON FRIDAY NIGHT!
- YOU will be responsible for putting your bib number on your bag for gear-check. This is the ONLY bag that may be submitted to the bag-check.
- There will be limited day-of registration this day.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP YOUR OWN PACKET! We ask that you do not send someone else to pick up your race packet for you. You will be asked to present a photo ID when you claim your race packet.
- If you cannot make the Friday pickup then simply arrive early Saturday morning at the starting area to pick up your own packet there.
- If for some chance you cannot claim your own packet the person claiming your packet for you MUST have a copy of YOUR registration confirmation with them. They will not be given your packet without it.
Bus ScheduleBUS SCHEDULE REVISED! Because of the large volume of half marathon runners and the geographical layout of the course we have revised the bus schedule. Buses will pick up half marathon runners at the Inlet parking area located at the packet pickup area. We strongly recommend you follow the schedule listed below. We will be loading buses by alphabetical order of runners last name. Please review this schedule to find the appropriate time for your bus departure. Buses are for Half Marathon runners only! We cannot provide transportation to the start for family and friends. If you cannot make your assigned bus departure you will be responsible for finding your own transportation to the starting area on Assateague Island. Please try to make every effort to be on time, both half marathon and 5k races will start on time at 7:00am regardless of any circumstances. Locate your bus departure time that coordinates with first letter of your last name: LAST NAME DEPARTURE TIME
- A - H 5:15am
- I - P 5:45am
- Q - Z 6:15am
- Saturday, December 31, 2016
11:59 p.m.EST All early bird registration closes. Any mail in entries must be post marked December 31, 2016.
- Friday, March 31, 2017
11:59 p.m.EDT Standard registration fee closes. Any mail in entries must be post marked March 31, 2017
- Monday, April 3, 2017
11:59 p.m.EDT Last day for online refund entries.
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
11:59 p.m. Shirt guarantee cut off for all pre registrations. Anyone registering after this date will not be guaranteed a shirt.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017
11:59 p.m.EST Last day for any participant entry transfers.
- Sunday, April 23, 2017
11:59 p.m.EST All registration closes. Any mail in entries that are post marked after April 23, 2017 will not be accepted.
- Friday, April 28, 2017
1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Race Packet Pickup OCMD inlet parking lot.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017
5:15 a.m.-6:15 a.m.- Buses Load up for Assateague Island. HALF MARATHON RUNNERS ONLY!
5:15 a.m. -6:15 a.m.- Inlet Parking Lot Packet Pick Up for ALL RUNNERS. There is no packet pickup at Assateague Island.
(PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PICK UP RACE PACKETS ON FRIDAY!)
6:50 a.m.-Runners line up in starting corral for National Anthem. Please be on time!
7:00 a.m. -Half Marathon begins race at Assateague Island & 5k runners begin on the boardwalk.
9:30 a.m.-Post Race Party begins at the Inlet Parking Lot under the Springfest Tents.
1:00 p.m. post race party ends.
CHIP TIMING ATHLETE TRACKING AVAILABLE!LIN-MARK Sports of Mantua NJ and Cape Coral FL to time the Ocean City Half and 5K utilizing the B-TAG from ChronoTrack Systems, the worlds most advanced timing system with the disposable chip. All participants will receive their assigned B-Tag affixed to the back of their bib# where it remains for the entire race – no shoe tag needed. LIN-MARK Sports also provides “Athltete Tracking!” You can use this link to see how it works and set it up: https://register.chronotrack.
PACE TEAMSPACE TEAM: The 2014 Ocean City Half Marathon will offer pace teams to help runners accomplish their race goals. Running with a pacer is a FREE service offered to all runners. Pacers will run a consistent pace throughout the race. Pace group goal times will range from 1 hour 40 minutes (7:37 pace) to 3 hours (13:43 pace) with additional pace groups in between. For more information on running with a pacer please visit the PACE TEAM booth at packet pick up. Below are some possible pase grouping teams (these teams are subject to change):
AWARDS AND AGE GROUPINGHalf Marathon awards are:
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall male
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall female
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group male
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group female
- 14 and under
- 15 - 19
- 20 – 24
- 25 – 29
- 30 – 34
- 35 – 39
- 40 - 44
- 45 – 49
- 50 – 54
- 55 – 59
- 60 – 64
- 65 – 69
- 70 and over
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall male
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall female
- 1st 2nd 3rd place age group male
- 1st 2nd 3rd place age group female
- 14 and under
- 15 - 19
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 - 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 – 69
- 70 and over
HOW TO GET THEREDirections from Baltimore area: Once on I-695 (Baltimore beltway) head south to I-97 south toward Annapolis. I-97 south to US-50 east, cross bay bridge, stay on US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City. Directions from Dover area: Once on US-113 head south into Maryland, continue to US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City. Directions from Richmond/Norfolk/Virginia Beach area: Take I-264 to I-64 east. I-64 east to US-13 north thru Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, proceed into Maryland. Once in Maryland merge onto US-113 north to US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City. Directions from New York/Philadelphia area: Once on I-95 south, take Rt-1 toward Delaware Beaches. Rt-1 to US-113 merge, stay on US-113 south to US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City.
PARKING OPTIONS AND BUS SCHEDULEBuses will be provided for half marathon runners ONLY. We will transport you from the Inlet Parking Lot to Assateague State park and we will bring your race day bag back to the Inlet.
- Bus transportation from Inlet to Assateague State Park (review the new bus schedule stated above under "Bus Schedule").
- Pick up in the Inlet by Ocean City Tram Station.
- First bus will be at 5:15 a.m. – Last bus will be at 6:15 a.m.
- There will be NO other transportation provided after 6:15 a.m.
- There is NO transportation returning from Assateague Island State Park.
- Limited parking is available. Please visit OC Parking for additional parking options. We will not be able to accommodate transportation to Assateague due to a delay in finding parking.
- 0-30 minutes Free
- 31 – 40 minutes $1.00
- 41 – 50 minutes $1.25
- 51 minutes – 1 hour $1.50
- Additional Time $.25 per 10 minutes
Additional paid parking lots are available at:
- Worcester St., between Baltimore Ave. & Philadelphia Ave.
- Somerset St. & Baltimore Ave.
- Dorchester St. & Baltimore Ave.
- N. Division St. & Baltimore Ave.
- Free parking available at the Park and Ride on US50
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONSFrancis Scott Key Family Resort is our Host Hotel. Discount special rates for runners! Call 800-213-0088 or Click on the logo below: for Resort website and info: More overnight accommodations listed below: http://www.ocvisitor.com/ for a full hotel listing of all major hotels within the Ocean City, MD area.
FLUID STATIONS AND SPECTATING SPOTSATTENTION RUNNERS – FLUID STATION COMPETITION - YOUR VOTE DECIDES WINNER!! Runners realize the importance of support throughout their runs. H2O Stations (staffed by volunteers) fulfill one such valuable support role. Your H2O Station volunteers are competing (each Station will pick a theme for your attention & encouragement) for YOUR VOTE as to the “BEST H2O STATION”. Ballots will be placed at post race party location and all runners (5K & 1/2M) are asked to cast their vote at the Post Race Party. Please look for your ballots, complete and submit, then place it in the Ballot Box. The winning H2O Station will be announced at the Awards Ceremony. Your volunteers need your participation! YOUR VOTE COUNTS! There are so many things that can go wrong in a race, pushing your way though the agony, looking for that oasis of relief, “The H2O Station!” Every year, wonderful people give up their morning to support athletes achieve their goals. The following is this years half marathon fluid station locations:
- Station 1 = mile 1 at the north end of Verrazano Bridge. (Water)
- Station 2 = mile 4 along Stephen Decatur Hwy. (Water and Gatorade)
- Station 3 = mile 6 inside Bay Side Community. (Gels, Water and Gatorade)
- Station 4 = mile 8.5 in front of Greene Turtle West OC. (Water and Gatorade)
- Station 5 = mile 10 in US 50 park n ride. (Water and Gatorade)
- Station 6 = mile 11.5 next to Coast Guard Station in Ocean City. (Water and Gatorade)
- 5k turnaround = mile 1.5 at 16th street on boardwalk. (Water)
- finish area = snack foods, water, Gatorade for all runners.
RACE BIBSYour race bib MUST be attached to the front of your shirt with the safety pins found in your runners race packet. Your race will be timed by the Chrono track bib sensor timing system, courtesy of Lin-Mark Sports. Your race time will be read by sensors attached to the back of your bib so it is absolutely imperative that you follow these instructions if you want a proper time. There is also a “medical information” label on the back of your bib that needs to be filled out.
RACE GEAR BAG CHECK PROCEDUREBag check will be available at the race starting area for HALF MARATHON RUNNERS ONLY. You will be given a gear bag with your race swag at packet pickup. Any small gear or garments you wish to have transported to the finish area must be placed in your gear bag only; NO other bags will be accepted. Runners can check their bag in at the start (Assateague State Park) and it will be waiting for them when they arrive at the finish area. All unclaimed gear bags will be brought to the post race party area so if you cannot finish your race you can claim your gear there. NO gear check for 5K runners!
PHOTOGRAPHYRace day photos will be available for purchase provided by US Candids, the official OC Half Marathon photographer. You can find and purchase individual photos at: www.uscandids.com.
MEDICAL ASSISTANCEMedical assistance will be available at the half marathon finish area as well as key locations along the course. If you cannot finish the race please head to the nearest fluid station for assistance. Let them know you cannot finish the race and a volunteer will help you get to the finish area. As soon as you arrive at the finish area you will need to return your chip to a staff member or volunteer. To help aid our medical personnel please fill out any medical history on the online registration form and on the back of your race bib. Medical staff can withdraw any participant who they feel is at risk of personal health hazard or safety.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and pets are not allowed on either course during the race(s).
- Baby joggers are only permitted on the 5K course.
POST RACE FESTIVITIESThis year’s race party is scheduled to be held at the Finish Line area in the OCMD inlet parking lot. Time: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- ID is required if you will be drinking beer.
- Each participant will receive 1 food ticket and 1 beer ticket at packet pickup.
- Additional Costs (Guests are welcome)
- *$2.00 for each additional food ticket.
- *$2.00 for each additional beer ticket.
- Food vendors:
- The Dough Roller
THINGS NOT TO FORGET
- running shoes (obviously)
- picture id
- extra cash $$$
- water, energy gels, power bars, etc.
- change of clothes
- race bib (will be given to you at packet pickup)
- food and drink tickets (will be given to you at packet pickup)
REFUND AND TRANSFER POLICYAll Refunds and Transfers need to be accessed and completed through your Runsignup account.
- Refunds and Transfers are only for online registrations! There is a $15.00 refund processing fee.
- Full refunds (minus $15.00 processing fee) are accepted for online entries on or before April 3, 2017. No refunds thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer their entry to another person before April 20, 2017. No transfers thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer to another race category before April 20, 2017. No transfers thereafter.
- There is no refund credit for any downgrade transfers (from half marathon to 5k).
- All upgrade transfers (from 5K to half marathon) will have to pay the difference in whatever the race category fee states at the time of the transfer, ex: original 5K fee of $25.00 upgrades to half marathon after April 1st fee of $95.00 will have to pay that difference.
- There are no refunds or transfers for mail in registrations. When your mail in entry is processed and your name appears on the registration list your entry is final.
- Race Deferrals to next years race are no longer accepted for either race category.