- Seaside 10 Miler / 5K
- St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Ocean City, MD Island to Island Half Marathon / 5K
- Winterfest of Lights Jingle Bell 5K Run
Volunteer Assignment Descriptions
- FLUID STATIONS – There are stations on every course set up approximately 1.5 to 2 miles apart. These stations provide water, gatorade, energy gels, etc. The volunteers will be assigned a specific station and will be given the supplies needed to provide for the athletes. After registering for this position you will be contacted by the fluid station coordinator who will then give you further instructions on your chosen event. This activity is great for volunteer groups that wish to advertise. Time needed for this assignment: 2-6 hrs.
- COURSE MARSHALS – Course marshal duties consist of a specific location or a portion of the race course in which you will be given to keep watch of, basically acting as a extra set of eyes for the race director. Individuals with cycling and/or motorized scooter experience are ideal but not a requirement. Some assignments may be a simple as watching a certain area on the course to make sure athletes do not cheat their way around the course. Other assignments could include spectator interaction, acting as a race mascot or cheerleader.
- START / FINISH AREAS – Volunteers assigned to the start and finish areas will help with basic race set up and break down of start and finish equipment. Assist with the starting corral line up of the athletes. Help hand out water, medals, towels, etc to athletes as they finish, and any other activities that may take place at the start and finish areas. Time needed for this assignment: 3-7 hrs.
- TRANSITION AREA – Transition areas are for multi sport events like triathlon, duathlons, etc. They are a designated enclosure set up for athletes to store their racing equipment. These areas must be monitored at all times during race hours. Assignments for this position are solely to assist with the set up, break down, body marking, and security of the transition area. You will need to check in/out all athletes as they enter and exit the area before and after the race. Time needed for this assignment: 2-6 hrs.
- REGISTRATION / PACKET PICKUP - Those who enjoy organization will love this assignment. Registration and Packet pickup volunteers will help organize and hand out race packets to the athletes. For individuals local to the area and have a decent amount of race knowledge can help at the event information tables. These tables are designated to help give local information such as course descriptions, directions, hotel assistance, etc. to the athletes. Packet pickup may be a couple days before the race. For larger events this particular assignment requires those with a little more time flexibility. You may be asked to meet a day or two prior to race day.
- TIMING – These assignments are for individuals that would like to assist the timing company. Timing assistance may consist of the distribution and/or collection of timing chips, race bib preparations, labeling, etc. For larger events this particular assignment requires those with a little more time flexibility. You may be asked to meet a day or two prior to race day to prep race packets.
- POST RACE PARTY – There is a lot of planning and organization that can go into the post event activities. This particular position will aid the post race party coordinator with basic set up and breakdown of the post race party planning. After registering for this position you will be contacted by the race party coordinator who will then give you further instructions on your chosen event. Time needed for this assignment: 3-7 hrs.
- MEDICAL TEAM – We have a designated medical team with a head medical director at each event. If you wish to assist our medical team you are welcome to do so by selecting this volunteer assignment. If you have any medical certifications, licenses, etc. that may be helpful please indicate what they are in the comments box on the registration form below. After registering for this position you will be contacted by the head medical director who will then give you further instructions on your chosen event. Time needed for this assignment: 3-7 hrs.
- PACE GROUP LEADER – Pace groups are used in our Ocean City, MD Island to Island Half Marathon race. Our goal is to run pace groups for 1:40, 1:45, 1:50 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:30, 2:40, 2:50. We will need leaders for each one of these groups. The leaders responsibility is to keep pace at your assigned page group and encourage those in your group. Once you have selected to volunteer as a page group leader you will be contacted by our pace group director with race details. Time needed for this assignment: 4-7 hrs.
- ANYWHERE I AM NEEDED – I think this assignment is pretty much self explanatory. If you just want to come out, enjoy the race atmosphere and have a good time.
Thank you for your submission.
Please correct the following issues:
- One event shirt.
- All event amenities, snacks, food, beverages, etc.
- A free entry for you into next year’s event.