To mail in your race entry use this button (please be sure to read the Refund/Transfer policy when choosing this option):
5K RACE INFORMATION
The 5 kilometer race will start on the OCMD boardwalk on 4th Street at 9:00 am directly behind Shenanigans Irish Pub. Same rules as last year, Exact start and finish are subject to change slightly depending on timing equipment requirements. The course will start running south toward the inlet, around pier, then down under the white tran station making a 180 degree turn back on the boardwalk heading north, past Shenanigans starting area, up to 16th st, then making another 180 degree turn heading south once again down the boards to the finish line at 4th st.
$28.00 till Feb. 27th
$38.00 at packet pickup and race day registration
Race fee includes:
- 5K race
- Event runners style tech shirt
- Race finishers ribbon
- One Guiness drink ticket redeemable at Shenanigans Irish Pub (only for runners 21 years old and up)
- Post race awards ceremony
- Post race music and refreshments at Shenanigans Irish Pub
RACE PACKET PICKUP
Packet pickup times and locations are:
- Friday, March 14th 5:30pm – 8:00pm at Shenanigans Irish Pub.
- Saturday, race day March 15th 7:15am – 8:30am at Shenanigans Irish Pub.
OCMD St. Patty’s Day Boardwalk 5K awards are:
- 1st & 2nd place – Overall male
- 1st & 2nd place – Overall female
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place -Age group male
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place -Age group female
Age groups are:
- Under 15
Awards ceremony will start at approximately 10:00am. Awards will not be mailed!
This year’s event will be timed by Chip style computer timing. You will receive your running chip when you check in at packet pick up and you will be instructed on how to attach it to your shoe lace. These chips must be returned on race day immediately after race completion. There will be a $25.00 charge for anyone who does not return a chip, sorry, no exceptions. This can be avoided simply by doing the following:
- Make sure to have your race chip on at the start of the race, no chip….no time.
- Place your chip in the proper body placement (usually shoe lace or ankle).
- Do not trade your chip with another participant.
- Do not cross Start line prior to race start.
- Do not cross finish line twice.
- Race photos will be available at http://racephotoguy.photoswarm.com/
- You can visit their website for past racing events.
Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and pets are not allowed on either course during the race(s). Baby joggers are only permitted on the 5K course. These rules are for your safety as well as others on the course with you. Anyone violating these rules will be immediately escorted off the course and out of the race.
REFUND / TRANSFER POLICY
- Refunds and Transfers are only for online registrations!
- 50% refunds are accepted for online entries on or before Feb. 27, 2014. No refunds thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer their entry to another person via active.com on or before March. 07, 2014. No transfers thereafter.
- There are no refunds or transfers for mail in registrations. Once your mail in entry is processed it is final, no exceptions!