Seaside 10 Mile Run/5k 2017
October 28 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
2017 RUNNING OF OCMD SEASIDE 10 MILER/5K RUN
October 28, 2017
Click here to Register Online:
Welcome to this year's running of the Seaside 10 Miler/5K. Straight out and back for 10 mile course taking advantage of the OCMD boardwalk but runners will jump off boardwalk at 27th St onto Coastal Hwy via Baltimore Ave. Head north to 68th St., around the block to 69th, then back on Coastal Hwy heading south the same way you came. 5K course will start at same location, circle boardwalk pier, down concrete portion of boardwalk to 16th/17th st, turnaround then straight back to same finish as 10 miler. This will be the 23rd consecutive year for the Seaside 10. It's a fantastic way to gear up for the Halloween Holiday. All 10 Miler finishers will receive a finishers medal. All are welcome to come wearing the most outrageous costumes you can dream up! a wonderful family atmosphere for all to enjoy.
- 10 Miler = $45.00 thru September 30, 2017 $55.00 thru October 24, 2017 $65.00 thereafter
- 10 Miler Military = $40.00 thru September 30, 2017 $45.00 thru October 24, 2017 $65.00 thereafter
- 5K = $28.00 thru September 30, 2017 $35.00 thru October 24, 2017 $45.00 thereafter
PACKET PICKUP TIMES AND LOCATIONS
- Friday October 27, 2017 4:00pm - 8:00pm Holiday Inn, 1701 Atlantic Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842, 410-289-7263
- Saturday October 28, 2017 7:00am - 8:35am OCMD inlet parking lot, S. 2nd St. Ocean City, MD 21842, race starting area.
- October 07, 2017 Last day for online entry refunds.
- October 24, 2017 Online registration closes at midnight.
- October 27, 2017 Packet pickup and late registration from 4-8pm at Holiday Inn 17th St.
- October 28, 2017 On site packet pickup and late registration from 7-8:45am at Race starting area.
- October 28, 2017 10 Miler race starts at 9:00am.
- October 28, 2017 5K race starts at 9:15am.
AWARDS AND AGE GROUPING
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall male
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall female
- 1st 2nd 3rd place age group male
- 1st 2nd 3rd place age group female
- best runners costume.
- 14 and under * 15-19 * 20-29 * 30-39 * 40-49 * 50-59 * 60-69 * 70+
These awards and age groups are same for both 10 miler and 5k races. All 10 Miler finishers will receive a finishers medal!
BIB TAG TIMING
- This years races will be timed using the IPICO Bib Tag system. There will be an orange rectangular sensor placed on the back of your race bib. Please do not bend or fold your bib and make sure you properly pin your race bib to your shirt front without piercing the sensor. These sensors do not need to be collected, when your race is finished you are free to keep the sensor along with your race bib. Your race bib is unique to you so please do not trade or give your bib to anyone else.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Directions from Baltimore area: Once on I-695 (Baltimore beltway) head south to I-97 south toward Annapolis. I-97 south to US-50 east, cross bay bridge, stay on US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City.
- Directions from Dover area: Once on US-113 head south into Maryland, continue to US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City.
- Directions from Richmond/Norfolk/Virginia Beach area: Take I-264 to I-64 east. I-64 east to US-13 north thru Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, proceed into Maryland. Once in Maryland merge onto US-113 north to US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City.
- Directions from New York/Philadelphia area: Once on I-95 south, take Rt-1 toward Delaware Beaches. Rt-1 to US-113 merge, stay on US-113 south to US-50 east. US-50 east will take you directly into Ocean City.
- Medical assistance will be available at start/finish area and medical volunteers along the course. If you cannot finish the race please head to the nearest fluid station, police officer, or volunteer for assistance. Let them know you cannot finish the race and race staff personnel will help you get to the finish area. As soon as you arrive at the finish area you will need to report to medical tent for evaluation. To help aid our medical personnel please fill out any medical history on the online registration form. Medical staff can withdraw any participant who they feel is at risk of personal health hazard or safety.
- Race photos will be available at TBA
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and pets are not allowed on either course during the race(s). Baby joggers are only permitted on the 5K course. These rules are for your safety as well as others on the course with you. Anyone violating these rules will be immediately escorted off the course and out of the race.
REFUND AND TRANSFER POLICY
All refunds and transfers need to be completed through your Runsignup account.
- Refunds and Transfers are only for online registrations! There is a $15.00 refund processing fee.
- Full refunds (minus $15.00 processing fee) are accepted for online entries on or before Oct 7, 2017. No refunds thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer their entry to another person before Oct 25, 2017. No transfers thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer to another race category before Oct 25, 2017. No transfers thereafter.
- There is no refund credit for any downgrade transfers (from 10 miler to 5k).
- All upgrade transfers (from 5K to 10 miler) will have to pay the difference in whatever the race category fee states at the time of the transfer, ex: original 5K fee of $28.00 upgrades to 10 miler after Oct 1st fee of $55.00 will have to pay that difference.
- There are no refunds or transfers for mail in registrations. When your mail in entry is processed and your name appears on the registration list your entry is final.
- Race Deferrals to next years race are no longer accepted for either race category.