- This event has passed.
The Seaside 10 Miler / 5K 2013
October 26, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Welcome to the Seaside 10 Miler/5K
presented, organized, and sponsored by:
Welcome to this year's running of the Seaside 10 Miler/5K. Straight out and back for 10 mile course taking advantage of the OCMD boardwalk but runners will jump off boardwalk at 27th St onto Coastal Hwy via Baltimore Ave. Head north to 68th St., around the block to 69th, then back on Coastal Hwy heading south the same way you came. 5K course will start at same location, circle boardwalk pier, down concrete portion of boardwalk to 16th/17th st, turnaround then straight back to same finish as 10 miler. This will be the 21strunning of the Seaside 10. It's a fantastic way to gear up for the Halloween Holiday. All are welcome to come wearing the most outrageous costumes you can dream up! a wonderful family atmosphere for all to enjoy.
RACE INFORMATIONRace Fees are:
- 10 Miler = $45.00 thru October 6, 2013 $50.00 thereafter
- 10 Miler Military = $35.00 thru October 6, 2013 $45.00 thereafter
- 5K = $28.00 thru October 6, 2013 $35.00 thereafter
- Online Registrations are processed immediately and are subject to the refund policy (please review refund / transfer policy below). Online entries are processed thru active.com which charges a small processing fee that is on your entry fee at checkout.
- You may edit your online registration information (shirt size, address, etc.) via active.com on or before Oct. 20, 2013. All information thereafter is final.
- Mail in Registrations usually take about one week to process and are not granted any refunds or transfers (please review refund / transfer policy below). When your name appears on the registration list your entry is final, no exceptions.
- In order to be guaranteed an event shirt please register before October 12, 2013. Any registrations taken after this date may not receive their shirt choice.
- Friday October 25, 2013 3:00pm - 8:00pm Holiday Inn, 1701 Atlantic Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842, 410-289-7263
- Saturday October 26, 2013 7:00am - 8:45am OCMD inlet parking lot, S. 2nd St. Ocean City, MD 21842, race starting area.
- October 1, 2013 Last day for online entry refunds.
- October 6, 2013 Last day for standard registration price.
- October 12, 2013 Cut off date for race tech shirt guarantee.
- October 20, 2013 Last day for online entry transfer requests.
- October 22, 2013 Online registration closes at midnight.
- October 25, 2013 Packet pickup and late registration from 3-8pm at Holiday Inn 17th St.
- October 26, 2013 On site packet pickup and late registration from 7-8:45am at Race starting area.
- October 26, 2013 10 Miler race starts at 9:00am.
- October 26, 2013 5K race starts at 9:15am.
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall male
- 1st 2nd 3rd place overall female
- 1st 2nd 3rd place age group male
- 1st 2nd 3rd place age group female
- best runners costume.
- 14 and under * 15-19 * 20-29 * 30-39 * 40-49 * 50-59 * 60-69 * 70+
- This years races will be timed using the IPICO Bib Tag system. There will be an orange rectangular sensor placed on the back of your race bib. Please do not bend or fold your bib and make sure you properly pin your race bib to your shirt front without piercing the sensor. These sensors do not need to be collected, when your race is finished you are free to keep the sensor along with your race bib. Your race bib is unique to you so please do not trade or give your bib to anyone else.
- Medical assistance will be available at start/finish area and medical volunteers along the course. If you cannot finish the race please head to the nearest fluid station, police officer, or volunteer for assistance. Let them know you cannot finish the race and race staff personnel will help you get to the finish area. As soon as you arrive at the finish area you will need to report to medical tent for evaluation. To help aid our medical personnel please fill out any medical history on the online registration form. Medical staff can withdraw any participant who they feel is at risk of personal health hazard or safety.
- Race photos will be available at http://racephotoguy.photoswarm.com/
- You can visit their website for past racing events.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and pets are not allowed on either course during the race(s). Baby joggers are only permitted on the 5K course. These rules are for your safety as well as others on the course with you. Anyone violating these rules will be immediately escorted off the course and out of the race.
- Refunds and Transfers are only for online registrations!
- 50% refunds are accepted for online entries on or before Oct. 1, 2013. No refunds thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer their entry to another person via active.com on or before Oct. 20, 2013. No transfers thereafter.
- Online registrations may transfer to another race category via active.com on or before Oct. 20, 2013. No transfers thereafter.
- There is no refund credit for any downgrade transfers (from 10 miler to 5K).
- All upgrade transfers (from 5K to 10 miler) will have to pay the difference in whatever the race category fee states at the time of the transfer, ex: original 5K fee of $28.00 upgrades to 10 miler after Oct. 6th fee of $50.00 will have to pay that difference.
- There are no refunds or transfers for mail in registrations. When your mail in entry is processed and your name appears on the registration list your entry is final.